Facebook Twitter Flickr YouTube RSS Feed
August 13, 2013 – US 40 Railroad Crossing Update
Written on: August 13th, 2013 in Railroad Crossings Route 40
Crews prepared the curb area for concrete
On August 12, Mumford & Miller continued working between train traffic to:
Completely excavate the roadway box on both east and west sides of US40
- Completely install drainage inlet basins
- Completely install underdrain pipe
- Completely install concrete drainage pipe
- Completely backfill pipe trenches
- Complete placement of base stone in all roadway areas
- Worked to install the 30” casing pipe connecting the drainage system together and then began cleaning up their work site
Other work included: continuing prep work for curb, gutter and sidewalk installation on the westbound lanes, west of the tracks, and placing base asphalt patching between the newly installed curb line and the roadway on the east side of the tracks.
Norfolk Southern has begun rail replacement work. Work is progressing well.