DelDOT logo
DelDOT Blog

Delaware Department of Transportation

Facebook  Twitter  Flickr  YouTube  RSS Feed


Call EOC If You Are Snowed-In But Must Travel

Written on: January 22nd, 2014 in Alert Messages Safety Weather Related Notices


Who should you call if you are snowed-in but must travel? The answer depends upon the severity of your need to travel.

Call 911 if there if there is a life-threatening situation.

However, if you have a non-life-threatening emergency and you need to travel by automobile, you may request assistance by calling your county’s Emergency Operations Center.  This assistance is only available in extreme weather conditions.

Sussex County Emergency Operations Center: (302) 855-7801

Kent County Emergency Operations Center: (302) 735-3474

New Castle County Emergency Operations Center: (302) 395-2700

Wilmington Emergency Operations Center: (302) 576-3914